Re: Email (was Re: Next steps towards a net zero IETF)

On 4/11/23 11:50, Behcet Sarikaya wrote:

I think heavy use of PRs for discussion is not good but it has become a practice, unfortunately.

One question I keep coming back to is: How many different tools or document formats should a participant need to know, or master, in order to participate effectively in IETF discussions?

We already have email, github, xml2rfc, apparently also markdown.  Any others?

And how do we reduce the number of tools, or the overall complexity of the aggregate toolset, while still permitting effective collaboration?

Another question I keep coming back to:  If someone is trying to follow a current or old discussion, how many different places should that person have to look, or follow, to try to piece it together?

Keith