Re: [Last-Call] [Asap] Opsdir last call review of draft-ietf-asap-siptrunkingcapability-link-03

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the review, below are our comments:

>>In section 3, it is stated that an ITSP may use an authentication framework...
>>

>> Should this language be stronger and normative?  That is, should this be a

>> SHOULD?  Or perhaps this is best left to the document on the capability set

>> document.  As it stands now, it felt like an aside as I read it.

Originally, we had this draft in the standards track, but after discussion with the working group chair we decided on decoupling the link type registration from the capability set definition itself. We foresee other use cases for the link relation not necessarily defined in the capability set documentation and think that any normative information should be defined in the implementation documents rather than this draft, which is more informational.

>> My nit is that in the example href, should the URL be

>> https://capserver.ssp1.example.com?

Agreed, we will update this in the link relation draft and inform the authors of the other ASAP document to ensure there is parity between examples.

Thanks again for taking the time to review and providing your feedback.

--

Derek Engi

deengi@xxxxxxxxx

I have been tasked to review this document on behalf of the OPS directorate.
This document describes a means by which link relationships may be used to
advertise SIP trunking capabilities for an ITSP.  The document is short, sweet,
to the point, and clear.  Overall, I had one question and a small nit.