Re: [admin-discuss] Next steps towards a net zero IETF

Brian,

> On Apr 4, 2023, at 2:42 PM, Brian E Carpenter <brian.e.carpenter@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> In the ideal world there'd be no presentation because everybody read the draft, one slide with open issues and then the discussion.

I don’t agree that there should be no presentations.

Slides can be useful to focus the discussion, even if people have read and understand the drafts.   For example, a short overview and then a slide for each open issues.

Slides are also good for non-native english speakers, where reading the material helps their comprehension of what is being discussed.

Slides can be useful, but not surprisingly can be abused.   We all seen slides that attempt to put the whole document into a single slide,  but this doesn’t mean they can’t be useful.

What is needed is for w.g. chairs to review slides and work with the presenters to make useful presentations.

Bob