Next steps towards a net zero IETF

Hello,

Built with input from the IETF community, we now have an initial approach and tools for calculating the IETF’s carbon footprint and a strategy for carbon offsetting. For 2023, we will implement this approach with data already available and seek to further improve it for future years. A blog post provides additional information and a link to a full report is at:

http://www.ietf.org/blog/towards-a-net-zero-ietf-next-steps/

We hope to explore options for improving carbon footprint calculations and to gather additional information about the community’s preferences for carbon offsetting during a side meeting during the upcoming IETF 116 meeting:

Pacifico North
Room G301
8:30 JST on 30 March 2023 (23:30 UTC on 29 March)
https://ietf.zoom.us/j/86826219211?pwd=QjhvdkY5YmxIWi9YeE9iMzFReFh3dz09
Meeting ID: 868 2621 9211
Passcode: ietfco2

Details are also available on the IETF 116 side meeting wiki:

https://wiki.ietf.org/meeting/116/sidemeetings