Re: Next steps towards a net zero IETF

Hello Greg,

I don't agree that IETF to be doing this project/proposal/approach now or within the coming 5 years, and don't think it is needed and don't think it is important for IETF,

as I believe we don't produce carbon in any way. This project leaders need to prove that there is damage from IETF more than other standard_organisations/competitors first, because I don't understand the project objectives to gain advantages, it seems to me the project will make more disadvantages for IETF or more damage to our business.

The project is not ready for discussion yet, because IMHO has no clear objectives and the discussion will create noise for IETF business/current_meeting.

Any project in the world/organisation needs to have clear aim/objectives and to have less reasonable disadvantages and to create important advantages. Organisations that produce carbon already have clear objectives and reduce their disadvantages. So we should not reduce IETF important advantages because of non-important disadvantages.

Best wishes,
AB