Re: Call for nominations for IETF NomCom Chair, 2023-2024

On 5 Mar 2023, at 17:47, Salz, Rich <rsalz=40akamai.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Why would we make it public for a limited time?

We? :)  It was an overwhelming, not unanimous, decision of their year's NomCom. If the community wants to keep it forever, and if the NomCom approves doing that, we can discuss later. The tools team will have to get involved, as right now the Wiki is slated for destruction as soon as the new NomCom is seated. I am reluctant to keep it around forever, for fear of ossifying things and because this year wasn't typical.

Quick correction - it’s slated for deletion when the new NomCom *completes*, not beforehand.  That way the current NomCom has the previous chair  to consult and the previous chair has the wiki from their NomCom to consult.

Jay

That's not even enough time for nomcom 2023 (whomever they will be) to read
about the structure?

No, but there's time enough for potential NomCom chairs to read through things and get an idea of what the job entails. AFAIK, we've never had that before.

--
Jay Daley
IETF Executive Director