Re: BCP 83 PR actions and new media

> On 11 Nov 2022, at 12:33, Brian E Carpenter <brian.e.carpenter@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Yes, that is a very thorny question. The ethics get complicated.
> Suppose an IETF "official" sends an email to somebody (from a non-IETF
> address to a non-IETF address) saying "Private email: do not forward.
> No hats: Your opinion is worthless and you are a waste of space."
> Can the recipient use this in a complaint to the IESG or the Ombudsteam?

Of course the recipient can use the email they received. They're not bound by or limited by anything in that email.

Your question is really: how do the IESG or Ombudsteam, who are bound by rules, respond?

The complainant does not have to draw the line, and can choose to describe ad-hominem bullying to others.