Re: BCP 83 PR actions and new media

On 11/9/22 13:31, Samuel Weiler wrote:

Colleagues,

Do PR actions also apply to other-than-email IETF communications such as Github, Slack, Zulip, and whatever new collaboration technologies we adopt in the future?

I propose that they should and that we should not need to revise BCP 83 every time we add a new collaboration technology, and I'm hoping you agree with me.

Separately, I've been wondering whether PR actions should apply to speech over private email, since I received numerous abusive private messages related to the recent PR discussion.

I do think that, just as the bounds of propriety should be explicit and clear (and they're definitely not either of those at present), the scope of speech to be considered for PR actions should also be explicit and clear.

Keith