BCP 83 PR actions and new media

Colleagues,

Do PR actions also apply to other-than-email IETF communications such as Github, Slack, Zulip, and whatever new collaboration technologies we adopt in the future?

I propose that they should and that we should not need to revise BCP 83 every time we add a new collaboration technology, and I'm hoping you agree with me.

As history, RFC 3683 was published in March 2004, around the same time the IETF was actively working on Jabber.

-- Sam