Re: [Last-Call] Last Call: <draft-pti-pen-registration-08.txt> (Registration Procedures for Private Enterprise Numbers (PENs)) to Informational RFC

The IESG <iesg-secretary@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
    > final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
    > last-call@xxxxxxxx mailing lists by 2022-12-04. Exceptionally, comments
    > may be sent to iesg@xxxxxxxx instead. In either case, please retain the
    > beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

I read the document.
I was surprised we needed to document this now.
I assumed it was already documented long ago...  but since it seems to be
IANA asking for clarified rules, there must be a reason for that.

I was also surprised at the 2^32-1 limit, and I found the explanation a bit
weak, but at least it's documented.   It would be a problem if someone got a
value bigger than 2^32 for a number of places.

In writing draft-ietf-core-yang-sid (not yet finished), we considered
including a PEN-mediated section, although I see that this did not even turn
into a pull request, and I think that our proposal also depended upon 2^32
limit.

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-