Re: [Last-Call] Last Call: <draft-ietf-httpapi-rfc7807bis-04.txt> (Problem Details for HTTP APIs) to Proposed Standard

Hi Carsten,

> On 2 Nov 2022, at 9:32 pm, Carsten Bormann <cabo@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> # Major:
>
> There seems to be an expectation that IANA will make
> https://iana.org/assignments/http-problem-types#foo resolvable.
> I'm not sure IANA is in a position to do this today.

Tracking in:
  https://github.com/ietf-wg-httpapi/rfc7807bis/issues/62

> Section 5.2: The cited [RFC8126] Section 4.5 is "Expert Review", but
> the text says "Specification Required”.

Fixed in:
  https://github.com/ietf-wg-httpapi/rfc7807bis/commit/675c89927

> # Minor:
>
> The specification is a bit wobbly on whether type URIs should be
> resolvable -- it explains the possibility, immediately explains an
> evolvability problem with non-resolvable type URIs, and then later has
> a SHOULD for being resolvable.

Will take a look. Tracking in:
  https://github.com/ietf-wg-httpapi/rfc7807bis/issues/63

> Appendix A has a data definition for the JSON form in the current
> json-schema.org language version, but none in CDDL (RFC 8610).
> I propose adding the CDDL in the same spirit (informative definition),
> see PR#59 [2].

I don't think I can take this without some WG discussion. CDDL is not really used by the HTTP API community, so this feels more like advocacy than I'm comfortable with.

> # Nits:
>
> -- 3.1.1:
>   Non-resolvable URIs ought not be used when there is some future
>   possibility that it might become desirable to do so.
>
> To this non-native speaker, "to do so" points nowhere (well, actually
> to using them, but that is a paradox then).
> What is probably meant is:
>
>   Non-resolvable URIs ought not be used when there is some future
>   possibility that it might become desirable to be able to resolve
>   the URIs.

Recorded as <https://github.com/ietf-wg-httpapi/rfc7807bis/issues/61>.

Thanks!

--