Re: [Last-Call] [httpapi] Last Call: <draft-ietf-httpapi-rfc7807bis-04.txt> (Problem Details for HTTP APIs) to Proposed Standard

Hello Erik, Carsten, others,

On 2022-11-03 23:00, Carsten Bormann wrote:
On 3. Nov 2022, at 14:50, Erik Wilde <erik.wilde@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

hello carsten.

On 2022-11-03 14:40, Carsten Bormann wrote:
either we remove the guidance, or we can add a note saying that for those URIs, fragment identification will not work. my preference is for the latter, because it would be useful to end up on the registry page.
Yes, we can take away the surprise by saying that.

just making sure we're properly addressing your review feedback: if we leave the recommendation to use the URIs, but explicitly add a note saying that those URIs (for now) are not fully resolved as they ideally should be, that addresses your issue?

Yes, it does.

IANA may have additional thoughts on this, though.

I very much agree here. It would be a good idea to contact IANA and ask them if or how they might be able to provide better guarantees. At the worst, it's another gentle push in the direction we want IANA to go, even if they won't do it this time.

Regards,   Martin.

Grüße, Carsten