Re: [Last-Call] Last Call: BCP 83 PR-Action Against Dan Harkins

Keith,

On 26/10/2022 22:40, Keith Moore wrote:

So while I understand and accept the argument that we shouldn't use satire or sarcasm in IETF, I think it will take time for English speakers who are accustomed to that convention, to learn to not respond to such arguments in the conventional way.

IMO the above is not correct. A tiny tiny proportion of
IETF emails I've read (and I've read a lot) contain any
satire or sarcasm. Almost everyone has learned to not do
that already, years ago, without having to be told or get
training, perhaps largely because it's utterly obvious.

It's possible to disagree with or not be satisfied by
the proposed PR-action but better to not bring in any
counterfactual propositions while doing so.

S.