[Last-Call] Consensus call (was: Other stuff)

On 25 Oct 2022, at 14:03, Card, Stu wrote:

WRT the narrower "last call" question, I do not see evidence of consensus.

First, the criteria is "rough consensus", not "consensus". See RFC 7282 for my (and some other people's) view on what that means. In the case of a discussion where some people express "A" and some people express "not A", that is not, in and of itself, evidence of lack of rough consensus.

Second, determining (rough) consensus is not our call to make. It's the IESG's in the case of IETF-wide Last Calls. Pointing out that a particular view has not been taken into account in the discussion seems perfectly reasonable to me, but I don't think claiming that there is or isn't rough consensus is particularly useful or appropriate (anymore than saying, "Pete's point definitely beats Stu's point" is).

pr
--
Pete Resnick https://www.episteme.net/
All connections to the world are tenuous at best