Re: [Last-Call] Global whitelist was Re: Last Call: BCP 83 PR-Action Against

MODERATOR HAT ON

This thread is closed. Stop posting about this off-topic item.

The fact that a list is named "whitelist" has been noted, and I'm sure it will be dealt with in an appropriate venue, but that's not here, and it isn't relevant to any topic currently under last call.

Back on the original topic, please continue address the direct issue - with responses to the IESG - if you have new things to say in response to their last call about the proposed BCP 83 action.

I you have any comments about this moderator action, please address them directly to me (feel free to CC Jared as the other moderator) in a private email so they don't continue to create public debate.  I will address them in private first with you, and in public if you ask me to, but this way your email won't sit for others to reply to (and the thread to explode with multiple back and forths) while I'm asleep or busy.

Regards,

Bron.

On Tue, Oct 25, 2022, at 13:07, Paul Wouters wrote:
On Oct 25, 2022, at 12:05, Timothy Mcsweeney <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> On 10/25/2022 9:34 AM EDT Paul Wouters <paul@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>

>>> On Tue, 25 Oct 2022, Lloyd W wrote:

>>> interesting that the terminology furore of the past few years and the subsequent NIST recommendations (here:
>>> suggesting use of allowlist/denylist) have not reached far into the IETF.
>>
>> It is a mistake that we will correct.
>>

> Since it's a list we are all on, I would like to suggest an alternative name.  How about Master-list?

I consider this email inappropriate and unprofessional. It was a follow up to another one of your emails that as similarly inappropriate and unprofessional.

Additionally, you keep misusing the last-call list for off-topic messages.

I ask that the moderators evaluate these messages.

Paul

  Bron Gondwana, CEO, Fastmail Pty Ltd
  brong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx