Re: [art] A very late suggestion (was; Re: Back from leave)

Hiya,

On 25/10/2022 00:54, Mark Nottingham wrote:
FWIW - +1 to reducing load on the ART ADs. Three seems appropriate,
if we can find reasonable candidates.
I'd start from a not-strongly-held sort-of opposite opinion
that the rest of the IESG ought be helping out if/as needed
due to an overload of one area.(*) But, mostly, I'd want to
know what the current IESG think of such an idea before any
attempt to change the numbers or roles of ADs was attempted.

Cheers,
S.

(*) By "overload" I mean having too many WGs or too many that
impose extra work on an AD. If we wanted to consider parental
leave and vicissitudes of life issues and their affect on the
IESG and AD load, that ought be a separate discussion. That'd
also be a good and worthwhile discussion, because things just
do happen that the IESG wasn't so well setup to handle whilst
I served. That's a different discussion but also one I reckon
ought be lead by the current IESG.