Re: [Last-Call] Last Call: <draft-knodel-e2ee-definition-07.txt> (Definition of End-to-end Encryption) to Informational RFC

Thanks for the clarification, Paul! Who among us hasn't pushed the wrong datatracker button?

-Ekr

On Mon, Oct 10, 2022 at 8:06 PM Paul Wouters <paul@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, 11 Oct 2022, Salz, Rich wrote:

> Subject: Re: [Last-Call] Last Call: <draft-knodel-e2ee-definition-07.txt>
>     (Definition of End-to-end Encryption) to Informational RFC

My apologies for the confusion. This document is not in Last Call yet. I
pressed some wrong buttons in the datatracker.

> addressed any of the issues.  There is also no explanation why Paul brought it up, although there was the implication that it was being considered as
> AD-sponsored. Is that correct? If so, why is it now being considered as an inidividual submission?

I am AD sponsoring it, but that does mean it needs IETF consensus. That
is why I brought it up for discussion on the saag list. There is clearly
no consensus yet, and I attempted to put the document into the AD
followup state, while accidentally causing an IETF Last Call.

Sorry about the confusion,

Paul