RE: IPv6 adoption - IPv10 is the future.

On Wed, Sep 21, 2022 at 11:55 PM Khaled Omar <mailto:eng.khaled.omar@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> ... but I think we should give some space for any internet draft to be discussed and reviewed and then decide, IPv10 didn’t take the full chance to be discussed or reviewed here, and this is
> what I’m looking for, the good minds here can add something valuable to the draft or correct something, but not to discard the draft at all.

This is a regular misunderstanding of how the process works.

The IETF consists of many individuals who decide by themselves what they want to spend their time on and consequently what specifications they are willing to review. It is a volunteer process.

If I submit a draft and nobody is interested in then it will not get reviewed. Documents that do not fit into current working group charters or documents that do not get receive enough interest are not likely to make it on the agenda of a WG f2f/online meeting. No interest implies no adoption by a working group.

Therefore, those who submit drafts need to demonstrate to others that they should care.

You seem to be believe that there is an obligation by others to care about your work.

Ciao
Hannes