Re: [Last-Call] Last Call: BCP 83 PR-Action Against Dan Harkins

On 10/6/22 10:23 AM, Keith Moore wrote:
Of course, humor, including even ridicule, _can be_ a way of diffusing such adverse reactions.   But it requires a lot of skill to be effective, and not everyone can pull it off.   It's very risky.

  Yes and obviously I do not have the skill necessary to pull it off.

  It has also been pointed out to me in a private email that sarcasm
doesn't work very well in an international forum where not everyone
will interpret it the right way. Also, the "check your privilege" kind of
intersectionality I was lampooning is largely a US phenomena and
not everyone is aware of how it works or its excesses so a satirical
description of this would not be understood. I understand this now.

  Dan.

--
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to
escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius