Re: [Last-Call] Last Call: BCP 83 PR-Action Against Dan Harkins

On 10/4/22 22:32, Adam Roach wrote:

I'm saying this as a fellow participant, as I clearly left behind any vestiges of authority I have in this organization some while ago. I hope you take it in the spirit in which it is intended.

At the moment, your messages constitute more than 1 in every 5 messages in this thread, and they're conveying ever diminishing information about your position on the action. I know you're formulating a longer, structured response to this Last Call, and I imagine that the IESG looks forward to reading that input as part of its evaluation. In the meanwhile, it would make room for others to digest the contents of this thread and formulate their own opinions and responses if it were not quite so high volume. No one else has the power to single-handledly reduce the volume of this thread by over 20%, so I'm imploring you -- as the one person in the unique position to do so -- that you do.

I think I understand you.  It's an inherent problem with the way we do discussions that a crowd can effectively silence objections from a minority by drowning them out with messages.   I simply do not agree that it's the minority's job to silence themselves so that the crowd can drown them out.

I will, however, try to avoid repeating myself if I've already raised the same objection.

Keith