Re: [Last-Call] Last Call: BCP 83 PR-Action Against Dan Harkins

Could I just register a pet peeve of mine which is retrospective redefinition of what the consensus means?

Case in point, WG decides that X is out of scope. Then when it reports out, shrieks of anger as people who want to do X don't agree to use their work product.

I would also like to see a rule that any WG chair who starts off with a statement of the form 'we have to do this in 12 months so we have to do it this way' is automatically booted from the WG 12 months later. Every single time I have seen that used it has been playing dirty pool and none of the WGs has delivered anything of note in four years.