Re: NomCom 2022-2023 Call for Nominations

If the request had been to sanitize / anonymize the information, your description below would be correct.  But the request was for the information to be available to the Chair and all voting members, but not the liaisons.  (Unspecified but presumably not the past chair either, on general principle.)

That would be veyr difficult to do, particularly with the use of common tooling to hold all nomcom confidential information.  It also is not clear, as Rich notes, that the rules even permit him to do that.  One way of looking at it is that in order for those liaisons who are responsible for reporting that the process was properly followed need to be able to see the input and hear the discussions.  Even if one somehow decided that the rules permitted blocking them from seeing the information, they would still hear the discussions of the content.  Which would be highly likely to reveal whatever was desired to keep out of their hands.

Additionally, I think that if the data is that sensitive, our current processes probably leak too much in too many ways for it to be reasonable to trust the confidentiality to the degree needed.  I very much wish that were not true.

Yours,

Joel