Re: NomCom 2022-2023 Call for Nominations

>   Revisiting a variation on a question that came up some months
>    ago, is the description of why a nomination is being made
>     * confidential to the Nomcom Chair and voting members
>   	(not exposed to liaisons)
>     * confidential to the Nomcom (including liaisons),
>    or
>     * public

We don't really have a way to keep information from liaisons.  And looking at https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc8713.html#section-4.7 and all occurrences of "liaison" in the text, that is clearly not something to do, in my opinion as Chair. All information sent to the committee is confidential and should not be disclosed. This includes the questionnaire responses; they will not be made public, nor will any public statement summarized from them be made public.  (I never said there would be change in that policy, only that I wanted to do it. It's not happening.)

Confidentiality is part of the "NomCom note well" that we show at the start of every meeting. Of course, information has leaked before and probably always will.

If there are concerns about some people seeing the rationale for a nomination, then send that information privately to people you trust to keep your confidence and who will find that input valuable.

-Rich Salz, 2022-2023 NomCom Chair