Re: Notification to list from IETF Moderators team

On 8/24/22 12:24, John Levine wrote:

I'm involved in a lot of technical organizations and in every place
but here we manage to have productive technical discussions without
calling people names.  The IETF is very insular and not in a good way.

Calling people names is certainly counterproductive.   So, for that matter, is exaggerating the positions of those with whom you disagree, and using that as an excuse to dismiss them out-of-hand.

That is every bit as rude as any pejorative.

Keith