Re: Notification to list from IETF Moderators team

Lars Eggert wrote:

IMO, constructive disagreement would have been far better than
calling out someone (as a warning to others?) for violating a
hopelessly vague rule about "uncivil" speech.

I'd like to remind the community that the list moderators are
operating under a set of defined procedures. See
https://github.com/ietf/Moderators/

The moderation message I received states:

: which the Moderators team considers uncivil commentary [4] for
: [4] https://github.com/ietf/Moderators/blob/main/unprofessional-commentary.md

and [4] says:

	Uncivil commentary, regardless of the general subject, per
	the IETF NOTE-WELL

it should be uncivil to hide information on patents, which has
nothing to do with wording.

In addition, as committees are to obfuscate responsibilities
of individuals, saying committee itself or its decisions stupid
can not be disrespectful behavior to individual participants.

Those procedures can certainly change based on community consensus.
But until they do, the moderators are charged to act as defined.

IIRC, moderation process was developed to act against
ALTTLD proposals stated very politely, which means, under
IETF context, being "uncivil" has nothing or very little
to do with politeness.

						Masataka Ohta