Re: [Last-Call] [COSE] Last Call: <draft-ietf-cose-countersign-06.txt> (CBOR Object Signing and Encryption (COSE): Countersignatures) to Internet Standard

On 2022-08-17, at 16:54, Russ Housley <housley@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>         Generic_Headers /= (

This is unfortunately not doing the right thing, as it tries to turn generic headers into a type choice with a second alternative.

The way Generic_Headers is defined in 8152 does not lend itself to expanding it.

(TBD10 and TBD11 also don’t quite act like generic headers, because you may need to include them in crit.)

The extension point actually is in the second line of the group (8152, Section 3):

   header_map = {
       Generic_Headers,
       * label => values   ;;; extension point
   }

No socket or similar construct is provided here to make the link to extensions explicit, so unless we want to retrofit our own socket here, I’d just say:

  CountersignatureV2_header = (
        TBD10 => COSE_Countersignature / [+COSE_Countersignature]
  )

  Countersignature0V2_header = (
        TBD11 => COSE_Countersignature0
  )