Re: IETF116 in Japan and Covid

Stephane,

I don't know why that should puzzle you. Of course the virus doesn't care,
but the Japanese authorities may be more inclined to let people enter for
legitimate business reasons rather than "hoardes of tourists."

I have no additional information, but I will guess that if visas are required
there would be invitation letters sent on behalf of the host etc.

As has been said already: much can change between now and March 2023.

Cheers,

Ole

> On Jul 28, 2022, at 11:47, Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer@xxxxxx> wrote:
>
> On Thu, Jul 28, 2022 at 03:40:07PM +0000,
> Maisonneuve, Julien (Nokia - FR/Paris-Saclay) <julien.maisonneuve@xxxxxxxxx> wrote
> a message of 122 lines which said:
>
>> Are there provisions that may enable IETF attendees to get in more
>> easily than plain tourists ?
>
> I have no opinion about Japan COVID policy but this question puzzles
> me. The virus does not care if you work very hard to write
> Internet-Drafts or if you came to climb mount Fuji. The risk of
> contagion is independent from your travel reasons.

Ole J. Jacobsen
Editor and Publisher
The Internet Protocol Journal
Office: +1 415-550-9433