Re: [Last-Call] [tcpm] Opsdir telechat review of draft-ietf-tcpm-yang-tcp-07

On Jul 4, 2022, at 1:40 PM, Robert Raszuk <robert@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Joe,

I think we disagree on the nature of network management.

In 30+ years dealing with various networks I never set anything via SNMP nor YANG, but used network management tools for monitoring extensively. Starting a long long time back with HP OpenView

People also routinely use hammers to open bottles, but that does mean we should design hammers to be bottle openers.

You’re describing a debugging too, not a network management tool.

Nope ... sorry, Monitoring is far less demanding then debugging.

Perhaps, but the parameters being discussed as “missing” are not monitoring either. There is no reason a MIB or YANG model should be the only tool that exposes things like a zero-window attack.

Joe