Re: [Last-Call] [tcpm] Opsdir telechat review of draft-ietf-tcpm-yang-tcp-07

> On Jul 4, 2022, at 12:15 PM, Robert Raszuk <robert@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> > Any application can decide to configure TCP parameters as far as possible in the given operation
> > system, e.g., via the sockets API. That is orthogonal to the internals of the TCP implementation and the TCP protocol.
>
> While clients running on top of TCP can configure its parameters I would at least expect to be able to report such values (local and remote) when using the TCP YANG model. For example I can not find the Urgent Flag in the current YANG model.

That’s because URG is not a property of the TCP connection; it’s a property of a segment, not the connection. The same is true for PSH.

> Same for elementary window size of any given connection, same for connection duration, .

There is no such thing as “elementary window size”. There are a variety of window parameters, i.e., send window, congestion window, receive window. Only the send and receive windows are application / OS set.

If there’s a list of desired parameters, it would be useful to start by stating them in terms of the TCP specs and explaining why they need to be remotely managed.

Joe