Re: [Last-Call] Call for comments on draft-ietf-core-problem-details-07

On 30. Jun 2022, at 13:31, tom petch <daedulus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Common practice is for a Normative Appendix, of which there are a few, to be explicitly labelled as such but I would see that as a poorer alternative.

All appendices in the document are normative, in the sense that they are referenced from the normative IANA registrations and supply their respective semantics.
(They do in turn contain examples, which are not normative.)

If the IESG or the RFC-editor wants to establish a convention requesting that appendices can only be non-normative, that can be done, but please do that after the present document has been published.  (That convention would neither be common nor good, I might add.)

Grüße, Carsten