Re: Bad/Good ideas and damage control by experienced participants

Keith Moore wrote on 21/06/2022 01:20:
On 6/20/22 17:33, Nick Hilliard wrote:
it's not helpful to characterise this in terms of "bad people". The underlying issues relate to approach and attitude, rather than personalisation.

I'm not sure that's an improvement.  How do you judge people's "approach and attitude" without making dubious assumptions about their intent?

By understanding that the two things are different. If this doesn't happen, we end up near the bottom of Graham's Hierarchy of Disagreement, which is not a good place to be for a community like the IETF.

Nick