No Rights in the UK: Re: Gun control at IETF 114

Some of you will remember the new subject line from a thread on USENET in the wake of the last school shooting in the UK, the Dunblane massacre. Among the participants in what was known as 'the gun nut road show' was one Timothy McVeigh. As in the same McVeigh who murdered 168 people shortly after with a fertilizer bomb.

So I thought I would just to remind people that IETF 115 is in London where private ownership of most firearms is strictly forbidden except on the direct authorization of the Home Secretary.

The issue of venue safety is a legitimate concern in deciding where to hold meetings. While the security situation in the US is not the worst in the Americas, I think it highly unlikely that we would hold a meeting in any of the cities that are considerably worse.