Re: Gun control at IETF 114

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jun 7, 2022, at 11:47 AM, Mary B <mary.h.barnes@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>   If IETF is making decisions based on risk of death, then they should be changing the food offerings at breaks (i.e., get rid of the cookies and sodas with HFCS) (and there's already a document wtih some helpful guidelines for providing healthy food ;).

There are lots of things that will likely shorten your life if you make a habit of them, but which have a negligible effect on most people’s life expectancies if they only do them rarely.    That’s an entirely different kind of risk than getting shot.

I’d certainly like to avoid paying for such food in my meeting fees (especially since hotels charge so much for them).  But I don’t think that this kind of risk should affect venue selection.