Re: Gun control at IETF 114

On 6/7/22 16:59, Mary B wrote:

Folks can recall that we've had meetings where there's been major anti-war protests (e.g., San Francisco 2009).  I know some folks were even afraid to leave the hotel for dinner or walk in the area of the protests (which were just a couple blocks away from the meeting venue).

I remember those protests, saw them while walking from my hotel to the IETF hotel, saw the police threatening the protesters, decided that being only one block away was far too close, started walking briskly in the other direction.   The protests didn't bother me; the potential for the police to become violent and for the resulting confrontation to get out of hand, did.

Personally, I think IETF should stick with the official sources and follow local rules and let individuals make their own decisions.

Because official sources are trustworthy?  Yeah, right.

Keith