Re: Gun control at IETF 114

Peace,

On Mon, 6 Jun 2022, 9:16 pm John C Klensin, <john-ietf@xxxxxxx> wrote:
if one were wearing a helmet that covered one's
head a face, it would probably be impossible to anyone to tell
whether you were wearing an approved mask or not :-)

Feels like an off-topic, which it is, but during the latest RIPE meeting attendees were given an option to indicate whether they are strongly COVID concerned (red triangle sticker, stay away 2 meters no less), mildly concerned (yellow square, okay to shake hands), or happy to give hugs (green circle).

And I've barely seen anyone without the green circle.  Including myself who was extremely concerned about COVID before a) vaccines were approved, b) I contracted Omicron myself, and it was the mildest disease in years, surely easier to go through than flu and chickenpox which I was also going through this year.

IMO would be interesting to have the same option (and statistics about the sticker usage) during IETF meetings this year.

--
Töma