Re: Gun control at IETF 114

Peace,

On Mon, Jun 6, 2022 at 5:08 PM Antoine FRESSANCOURT <antoine.fressancourt=40huawei.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Given the evolution of the political climate in the US around
> gun control, I am wondering what are the policies that the
> IETF plans to put in place to make sure the hotel we
> gather in is a safe place (I.e a gun-free area).

So I'm not a subject matter expert, which needs to be accounted for, but it seems to me that in a country where carrying guns is allowed, a gun-free area is actually a pretty unsafe place.  The wisest thing concerned persons could do is probably quite the opposite: to arm themselves to the teeth and to carry that openly, hinting that if anyone goes insane there would be guaranteed consequences, immediately.

E.g. https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-61615236.amp

(not sure if Penn is an open carry state, though)

NB: please don't take this as an opportunity to discuss firearms carry legislation and the future of it.  I simply didn't do enough research to make a conversation.

--
Töma