Re: We are not a mail forwarding service

My contention is that we (the ietf) should have done exactly what p=reject
said.  They don't want their mail forwarded, we shouldn't forward it.

Which is probably true if IETF were a mail forwarding service, like iki.fi.

But it would be such fun to reprise our success at getting the world not to use NAT, and at the same time make it impossible to get work done.

A simple service that gives me the addresses of the people who should be in the alias, ready for copy/paste into a MUA, would do.  This still does not solve the problem of one chair sending a note to some document authors and the other chair wide-replying to that to offer some additional information, but it would be a start.

I think we can do better than that. For one thing, many of the DMARC failures seem to be due to bad DKIM signatures which means something is changing the message bodies. That seems like a bug we can fix.