Re: draft-sullivan-nomcom-chair-select-00

Donald Eastlake <d3e3e3@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    > On Tue, Feb 15, 2022 at 1:06 PM Michael Richardson
    > <mcr+ietf@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    >>
    >> Donald Eastlake <d3e3e3@xxxxxxxxx> wrote: > Unless I missed it, I
    >> think there is no prohibition in this against > picking a former
    >> NomCom Chair. I'm pretty sure that has never been > done and I think
    >> it should be prohibited.
    >>
    >> Why should we prohibit this?  We have 23+ experienced nomcom chairs,
    >> some of whom might be retired now and available.  It's not like it's a
    >> voting position.

    > So you would be fine with someone being NomCom chair for 3 or 4 years
    > in a row? Should we just find someone good at it and make them
    > permanent NomCom Chair?

Donald, that's a silly strawman, and you know it.

The ISOC president still gets to apply judgement.

And you can't be nomcom two years in a row: that would leave no space for the
past chair.  So, you'd need at least two NomCom chairs for life.

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF@xxxxxxxxxxxx>   . o O ( IPv6 IøT consulting )