Re: draft-sullivan-nomcom-chair-select-00

'Andrew Sullivan' <sullivan@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
    > never having been in a NomCom in any capacity, she did so in part
    > relying on the idea that she could ask for certain advisors -- an idea
    > I supported strongly.  But someone in the community objected and the
    > procedures meant that the objection carried.  I felt terrible about
    > this, because I felt that I'd put Barbara in a position where she
    > thought she would have some resources that I was then unable to
    > provide.

I am unclear how we reached rough consensus on this question.
But, perhaps we could formalize this into a clear (written) NDA on the part
of past chairs to be available to help.

    >> I wonder whether a little more job description would go some way to
    >> encouraging (self-)nominations.

    > I think I could say what _I_ think the job is.  What would thrill me
    > more is if past Chairs had a wiki page or something about things that
    > are common issues that crop up for them.

Wiki's are wonderful, but a two page job description with a document owner
would be better.

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF@xxxxxxxxxxxx>   . o O ( IPv6 IøT consulting )