Re: RFC 4858 on shepherding

> On 2022-02-14, at 18:10, John C Klensin <john-ietf@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> I'd be _very_ hesitant to see any formal procedural
> changes, including revisions to 4858, that would lock in a
> particular way of doing things and that could get in the way of
> making case-specific decisions and Doing the Right Thing.

Hi John,

I didn’t even think I’d need to write something to exclude this.
I was purely talking about aids that might spread the word that this has worked well for some of us and that might help in the actual execution, and thank you for your suggestions.

> don't think that is what you were proposing, but it is where
> discussions like this can easily lead.

I wasn’t proposing that, and I’d be the first to argue against trying to make life more difficult for everyone by adding more rules (*).

Grüße, Carsten

(*) I still fondly remember the recent term limits discussion.