Re: draft-sullivan-nomcom-chair-select-00

>  Finally, when Barbara
    agreed a couple years ago to do this work (thank you Barbara!) despite
    never having been in a NomCom in any capacity, she did so in part
    relying on the idea that she could ask for certain advisors -- an idea
    I supported strongly.  But someone in the community objected and the
    procedures meant that the objection carried.

I am confused by this.  Section 4.3 of RFC 8713 [1] says "Any committee member may propose the addition of an advisor to participate in some or all of the deliberations of the committee. The addition must be approved by the committee according to its established voting mechanism. Advisors participate as individuals."  Was the concern that there was no vote?

[1] https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc8713.html#section-4.3-2