Re: draft-sullivan-nomcom-chair-select-00

On 14-Feb-22 19:34, Eliot Lear wrote:

How important is the chair role?  [I honestly have no idea.]

Very important, I would say. A fair, conscientious and proactive chair
is necessary, and we've been very fortunate over the years. In other
words, the undefined process has worked pretty well, although I
fully understand Andrew's concerns.

The insider bias risk is considerably reduced by the fact that the
NomCom chair is non-voting.