Re: [Last-Call] iab-rfcefdp-rfced-model and draft-rosen-rfcefdp-update-2026-01.txt and rfced-iab-charter

Brian E Carpenter <brian.e.carpenter@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    >> I have read:
    >> draft-iab-rfcefdp-rfced-model-11
    >>
    >> The RSWG seems like it isn't an IESG WG, nor is it an IAB Program.
    >> It seems like it is a new flavour of thing.  But, I think that it won't
    >> really need any special bits in the datatracker, it could like any other WG?
    >> I wonder if the letters "WG" might be replaced with something else.

    > That was debated at length in the Program (for this effort *was* an
    > IBM Program). The consensus was to stick with WG because we intend it
    > to operate very much in the manner of an IETF WG, even though it
    > isn't one.

okay, I understand, if it was debated already, I'll shutup about that.
But maybe we have to create some new pseudo-area to contain the RSAB.

What I'm asking is really about is where RSWG will show up in the "Groups"
drop-down menu on the DT.

Interesting typo there: IBM vs IAB.
Brian might be showing some history here :-)
Or... maybe the IETF is actually just a virtual reality running on one of the
five IBMs 360 that the world uses?  Has it all just been a delusion since
Unix Epoch?

    >> It seems that the IAB could appoint the IETF Chair (an IAB member) to the
    >> RSAB, and the IESG could also appoint the IETF Chair.  I think this unlikely,
    >> and I don't propose to add any rules, but I noticed that.
    >> Is draft-iab-rfcefdp-rfced-model the first document in the Editorial Stream?

    > It needs to be in the IAB Stream really, to bootstrap the new stream, IMHO.

Okay.
It would fun if it could bootstrap itself.

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF@xxxxxxxxxxxx>   . o O ( IPv6 IøT consulting )