Re: [Last-Call] Artart last call review of draft-ietf-dots-telemetry-19

Thanks for the changes. A few comments also inline.

- J

> On 17 Jan 2022, at 11:06, <mohamed.boucadair@xxxxxxxxxx> <mohamed.boucadair@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hi James,
>
> Thank you for the review.
>
> Please see inline.
>
> Cheers,
> Med

[James] I haven't identified anything else specific, however your change is a good improvement.

>> 3.3 - Perhaps a clear definition for the word "pipe" belongs in the
>> terminology section? Although it may appear obvious as to what it means,
>> it is jargon that is not used in RFC 9132 nor 9133. Consider that a
>> client split with multiple interfaces/networks/DOTS domains etc may
>> affect interpretation of the word, and thus the potential value it
>> should calculate and send.
>
> [Med] Sure. Added a new entry to Section 2.

[James] Thank you, that's clearer. As an aside to this definition, around 6.2 and later I cannot find any text that covers clients not sending a pipe capacity figure greater than actual* available capacity - in a simple example, a client with 1Gbit probably shouldn't announce 10Gbit. Did I miss it, or is that something to consider?

>> 4.2 - This section could be expanded to cover quite a few duplicate
>> pieces of normative language listed throughout later sections - for
>> example there are many references to 'cuid' being mandatory and should
>> not be present in PUT/DELETE request bodies. Putting common details in
>> this section, and exceptions throughout should make interpretation by
>> implementers easier particularly for the structure of Uri-Path values.
>
> [Med] Thank you for the proposal, but we prefer the current version as we have key information in one single place.

[James] Okay, I still think there's details that are repeated throughout that will impact overall readability of the interfaces. But I'm not going to press this matter any further.

>> 9 - It may be beneficial to implementers if this section provides
>> guidance on the use of plain text diagnostic payloads for the additional
>> error cases this document defines.
>>

> [Med] OK. Added a new text to cover this.

[James] Thanks, not trying to be nitpicky but perhaps it should be "...plain text diagnostic payloads (...) to help troubleshooting _may be_ returned..."