Re: [Last-Call] Artart last call review of draft-ietf-dots-telemetry-19

Hi James,

Thank you for the review.

Please see inline.

Cheers,
Med

[Med] Thanks.

> Comments:
>
> 3.2 - At a few points in this section, the concept of "measurements
> should be taken when traffic is 'normal'" is repeated a few times and
> done in a way not as clear as it could be. The authors should consider
> editing this section to be more concise and avoid repetition.

[Med] Found and fixed one sentence that I think is redundant. Not sure if you have identified others.

> 3.3 - Perhaps a clear definition for the word "pipe" belongs in the
> terminology section? Although it may appear obvious as to what it means,
> it is jargon that is not used in RFC 9132 nor 9133. Consider that a
> client split with multiple interfaces/networks/DOTS domains etc may
> affect interpretation of the word, and thus the potential value it
> should calculate and send.

[Med] Sure. Added a new entry to Section 2.

> 4.2 - This section could be expanded to cover quite a few duplicate
> pieces of normative language listed throughout later sections - for
> example there are many references to 'cuid' being mandatory and should
> not be present in PUT/DELETE request bodies. Putting common details in
> this section, and exceptions throughout should make interpretation by
> implementers easier particularly for the structure of Uri-Path values.

[Med] Thank you for the proposal, but we prefer the current version as we have key information in one single place.

> 9 - It may be beneficial to implementers if this section provides
> guidance on the use of plain text diagnostic payloads for the additional
> error cases this document defines.

[Med] OK. Added a new text to cover this.

> Nit:
>
> 8.2 - Figure 48 shows the target of "https1" not "http1", the text above
> refers to the latter.

[Med] Thank you for catching this. Fixed.

FWIW, we will ACK your review in the next iteration. A diff to track the changes to address your review can be seen at: https://tinyurl.com/dots-telemetry-latest.

Thank you.