Re: [Last-Call] Last Call: Moving RFC 4491 to Historic

>    * The use of "RECOMMENDED" and "NOT RECOMMENDED" for an
    Applicability Statement comes straight out of RFC 2026, not
    anything associated with TLS or any recent set of specific
    specs.  And because Applicability Statements are Standards Track
    documents, the _only_ way those assignments can be made is by
    IETF Consensus.

This was the point I missed.  (And I was only using TLS registry as an example with which I am familiar)

>   "NOT RECOMMENDED" in addition to "YES" and "NO ANSWER", then I
    suggest the revision effort should be considering that if it is
    not already.

Yes, this is under discussion.

>    So I think that probably we are in complete agreement.  If we
    are not, one of us is seriously confused.

We seem to be yes.  Good. Probably my confusion.