Re: "professional" in an IETF context

Ohta-san, your email (retained as the first part of the below) is not in my view fair criticism against poor engineering results. it is a baldly and badly expresssed personal opinion. Even if someone were inclined to agree with you, there is no information there by which to attempt to improve the process or results. Nor is there even any detail of what you consider "stupid" about the protocols. Even the use of the word "stupid" casts into question whether your note could be considered fair criticism.

People have the right and even the obligation to criticize IETF protocols. Both before and after publication as RFC. Recently, a participant raised specific and clear security concerns with a published RFC. That is what is supposed to happen.

Yours,
Joel

PS: I would normally simply ignore your largely content free remarks, but I want to make sure that others realize that Miles' reaction is shared by others.