Re: "professional" in an IETF context

Masataka Ohta wrote:
Keith Moore wrote:

It's what we expect of our doctors, lawyers, and... ENGINEERS.  It
is an ENGINEERING Task Force, after all.  And I would hope that
most of us here are actually engineers, with some reasonable level
of engineering knowledge, experience, and professionalism.

And the goal should be to prevent IETF perform meaningless
engineering such as development of stupid protocols, including
but not limited to, IPv6 and LISP.
Now THIS seems like a living example of something that is both unprofessional AND uncivil.

Miles Fidelman

In practice, there is.  .... Yogi Berra

Theory is when you know everything but nothing works.
Practice is when everything works but no one knows why.
In our lab, theory and practice are combined:
nothing works and no one knows why.  ... unknown