Re: [Gendispatch] draft-rsalz-termlimits

>> I have made an alternative proposal, and I'd appreciate comments on
>> that.  I think we can discuss both proposals together.
>
> The third paragraph of section 2 ("A complication often arises...") is to me the point that makes this draft not
> viable.  Unless people are prohibited from being nominated, there's nothing to make change happen. Based
> on public comments so far, more people agree with you than me.

I'm hoping -- and maybe it's naïve -- that requiring the NomCom chair
to explain to the confirmation body (and possibly to the community)
why they deviated from this guidance will be the "something" that will
make change happen.  But, yes, ultimately if it's true that we can't
get volunteers, then nothing will happen.

At the very least, we should be able to slow down the "ADs move to the
IAB" routine, as it's pretty hard to justify that deviation.

Barry