Re: [Gendispatch] draft-rsalz-termlimits

Gendispatch to BCC; using the general IETF@ list for this discussion.

>    The IETF Chair is different, I agree it’s good to have a person who has served recently as an AD.

Let's see.  Looking at https://www.ietf.org/about/groups/iesg/past-members/

Lars was Transport AD until 2011; 10 years.
Aliisa was General AD until 2020, no gap.
Jari was Internet AD until 2012; one year.
Russ was Security AD until 2007; no gap
Brian Carpenter wasn't an AD unless it was before 1989 so at least a 15 year gap.
Harald was Ops AD until 1998 so three year gap.
Fred Baker wasn't an AD before 1989 so at least a six year gap.
Paul Mockapetris wasn't an AD before 1989 so at least a six year gap.
Phillip Gross wasn't an AD unless before 1989
Michael Corrigan was an AD unless before 1989

Did I make any mistakes (quite likely!) in the above?

Not that my proposal doesn't say "can't be an AD"  It just says that if you serve the commonplace two terms, then there must be gap year.